Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '93 Wrangler Sahara with what appear to be 2 stock fog lights on the outer ends of the front bumper, theres a switch for them in the dash. The problem I'm having is that they will only come on when the headlights are on and I want to be able to use them as driving lights without having to run the headlights. Can someone describe to me the easiest way to go about doing this without having to hack into anything too much?

Thanks.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Well the easiest way would be to just rewire them on a new separate circuit. The current switch controls a relay, which is located on my 89 next to the battery, there are two there and I believe it's the lower one. As you've noted they only operate with the lights on and low beams selected.

·
Registered
128 Posts
You should be able to figure out which pole on the relay is energized when the headlights are turned on. Once you figure out which one it is, simply cut it, and reconnect it (starting at that relay) to something ignition switched. That way, if your dash switch is on, the foglights will turn on and off with your key.

Either that, or as noted - simply unplug the lights and wire up a foglight wiring harness with switch and relay. There's always a ton of 'em on fleabay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts