Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking on EBay at LED headlights.

I'm really not ready to drop $400 or more on a set. Really would like to stay under $200 / pr. (Or less). I'm looking for full replacements not just LED bulbs. There seem to be TON of them out there. Trucklite style, JW Speaker style, 9 LED, 5 LED, etc.

Has anyone had experience with any of these? Are any of them worth the money? Any recommendations on style to get based upon these parameters?

·
Registered
82 Posts
No leds but do have hella ecodes with h4 Sylvania ultra bulbs also have same bulb in fogs. really lights up good at night I was going to get a light bar but no longer need one makes if look like daylight. Cost me about 180 for everything including rewired with relays

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks tdill90. I've looked at those but think that I want to go LED. I was hoping that others who may have already purchased any that I mentioned would give honest opinions of their purchases

·
Registered
437 Posts
I am with you Shacon, I have debated this for a long time, but just cannot bring myself to drop #50 to 400 on headlights. Many people say it was an incredible upgrade, and that they love it. I hope you find what you are looking for, but 350-400 seems to be about the going rate.

·
Premium Member
2,866 Posts
I am with you Shacon, I have debated this for a long time, but just cannot bring myself to drop #50 to 400 on headlights. Many people say it was an incredible upgrade, and that they love it. I hope you find what you are looking for, but 350-400 seems to be about the going rate.
I don't like the money spent, but I sure like the performance of the Trucklite full replacements.

If you look on Amazon, there are at least 20 different copies now of the Trucklites and the JW Speaker stuff and a few more top notch brands.

As with all things on Amazon, read the reviews, some of the cheaper offerings have less than stellar reviews. I only wish I had the money to put them in more than 3 rigs.

·
Full Size Jeep Dr.
3,431 Posts
I paid $334 for a set of Truck-Lites on Ebay. One of the best upgrades I've made. I had E-code housings and zenon bulbs prior to the LEDs.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got these a couple of weeks ago... 7" Round Black LED Daymaker Style Headlight Pair CJ TJ JK Pair Free Shipping | eBay I've got to say... they're great!! The color matches my light bars and the build quality is very good... no issues in rain or with install - Plug and play too. Whilst you can't really tell in the pic, they're very bright.
Thank you for that.

Anyone know anything about these at all?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-7inch-75...ash=item542a8b58c9:g:tkQAAOSwUuFWwfZF&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'll be following this thread as well. My jeep is my secondary vehicle and I almost avoid driving it at night for how poor the lighting is compared to my stock Xenons on my Audi. I'm looking to upgrade before this summer as well. Whatever you decide please follow up and let us know what you decided and how you made out.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I am looking hard at the Genssi LED headlights off of Ebay. about $135 for the set and seem to be pretty good. Thoughts?

·
Banned
739 Posts
I am looking hard at the Genssi LED headlights off of Ebay. about $135 for the set and seem to be pretty good. Thoughts?
Do you have a link to the ones that you are talking about?
There is a thread on hear about some of their products and I personally have tried a number of their Led bulbs and they where all garbage. I posted about them in a thread I started and someone posted on the thread about the Headlights being crap as well. Just a heads up the xprite lights are garbage also. I tried a set of those and they flickered terribly and one stopped working after about a month. They don't honor their warranty but luckily I bought them through Amazon and was able tonget my money back.

·
Registered
82 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 87 Posts