Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 2012 JK Sport 2 door:

I'm looking for a basic, inexpensive system for transporting a 14' 40lb canoe. There are a ton of options out there, but none very cheap.

I've got a rear hitch mount, and can get some kind of mount to extend above the top to secure one end of the canoe, but I need something for the front.

Something that bolts over the windshield to lay the canoe across? What about some kind of rack for off-road lights (minus the lights)? Are these load-bearing?

Thanks for any ideas or suggestions...

·
Registered
647 Posts
fold wind sheild down open rear window? :D its free!!

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I use the rugged ridge windshield mount light bar with a T-Bar on the front hitch.This way I can still remove the top and when not in use the top half of the light bar can be removed to keep the MPG`s up. :thumb:

·
Registered
137 Posts
I use the rugged ridge windshield mount light bar with a T-Bar on the front hitch.This way I can still remove the top and when not in use the top half of the light bar can be removed to keep the MPG`s up. :thumb:
Wow, that looks like the Stampede parking lot :thumb:

I like your set up, but I was going to go from the rear. Same idea just bass ackwards. Good Job!

·
Registered
198 Posts
You want minimalist, here you go and they work great. I use a "goal post" attached to the trailer hitch and these up front.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Wow, that looks like the Stampede parking lot :thumb:

I like your set up, but I was going to go from the rear. Same idea just bass ackwards. Good Job!
It`s D.L. Bliss state park at Tahoe. I found it was better to have the yak out front rather than sticking out behind me. :thumb:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks great. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts