Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my 2010 jk in may and am a first time jeeper. I have experience in lifting big trucks and a older cherroke but kinda trying to get some opinions on my new rig. So far I have done the basic inexpensive mods like, trailer hitch, homemade grill guard, paint hinges, paint muffler, and misc. interior things. But now is time for the lift...I read about the spacers but I'm just not sure what I think about wheeling with the stock suspension. Also trying to find the right tire/wheel combo.

Any suggestions?

Did I mention im Ballin on a Budget?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
What's your actual "limited budget" for the wheels, tires, and lift? And, more importantly, what kind of wheeling do you plan on doing?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im looking at about $1500 to $2000 in total budget. This is not my full time daily driver just most of the week. The trails I have been to range from rocks in the mountains to mud around where I am located. Thinking of a 2 inch lift with 33s?

·
Banned
3,288 Posts
Take it off road if you haven't done so already. A lot of the time people end up paying twice as much in the long run because they don't know what they really want. As time goes on you'll grasp a better understanding.

I started with a 2" and 33a and ended up with 5" and 37s.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Old Man Emu makes a pretty good 2" kit. I ran that one with 33's before I bumped up to 4.5" and 37's.

The only issues that I had with the 2"/33" setup (wheels are 4.5" backspacing btw) was that the tires would rub on the trailing edge at full steering lock.

If you plan on running a wider tire on the stock wheels, you will more than likely need wheel spacers to avoid rubbing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts