Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I decided on my 2 door JK I was through having children but the wife had different ideas. So I'm in the difficult situation of figuring out whether I can put an infant carrier in my 2 door without too much trouble. Any certain carrier that is a good fit or do I have to bite the bullet and say goodbye. Don't really have the extra money to trade in and pay for a 4 door especially being its worth more than what i owe and with a new one on the way.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
I raised my kids in a YJ, you can certainly do it in a JK. In fact my wife at the same time had a mustang. Talk about a couple of family friendly vehicles. But it will work.

·
Registered
189 Posts
So when I decided on my 2 door JK I was through having children but the wife had different ideas. So I'm in the difficult situation of figuring out whether I can put an infant carrier in my 2 door without too much trouble. Any certain carrier that is a good fit or do I have to bite the bullet and say goodbye. Don't really have the extra money to trade in and pay for a 4 door especially being its worth more than what i owe and with a new one on the way.
We used the Maxi Cosi AP in my JKU, I don't think you would have a problem with a JK, you may have to pull the front seat up a bit.

Go to a baby store and ask to test out their floor model.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx Matty,I'll check that one out. I have my 4 year old in back just fine,just worried about squeezing the new born past the front seat without dropping him/her.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I had this same issue 3 months ago mine was a 2007 JK, after much looking the smallest seat we found was the Cybex Aton, however the Aton isn't sold in Canada, and like everything else here apparently is using a non Canadian approved seat can land you in trouble if something was to happen, and to make matters worse no store wanted to give us a demo model seats to try out, apparently in the US babiesrus let you take it out and try it. I know some ppl said buy try and return but I didn't want that hassle.

I tried my brother's peg preggo or whatever it is called but my wife would have to sit on the hood.

To make a long story short I used the seat as an excuse to get me a spanking new 2015 JKU, my JK had a airbag light issue, leaking oil pan, windshield with close to 10 stone chips, and a broken glovebox lock.

Sold for 12K bought 2015 JKUS for 40K out the door 0% for 3 years was offered so I just financed the balance, hopefully I get 10 years out of this one.

If I had a newer JK with the 3.6 I would have really thought hard about selling, but the 3.8 was getting on my nerves.

Anyway try the Aton and hopefully you get to keep your jeep, if I couldn't I was going to buy a winter beater just to take the baby around when we had to.

http://cybex-online.com/en/carseats/aton.html

·
Registered
323 Posts
I was in the same boat. My daughter is just over a year old now, but I've been rocking the '14 sport for almost 2 years. I have ordered a '16 jku, but I will say the added space will be used more for all that travelling with a child requires. We . do some camping and some road tripping, so we have always taken my wife's Edge.
As for just putting the baby in and out, it IS a bit of a task climbing between the folded front seat and back of door frame holding a baby. Is it practical? Probably not. Ideal? Definitely not. But workable? Absolutely.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Obviously a JKU would make things much easier but if that isn't an option, you'll still be fine. Plenty of kids are all grown up and fine that rode in Jeeps before 2007. And the parents survived as well.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Ohh a stroller if not mentioned, you as you will figure out need one of this collapsible umbrella strollers, because nothing else fits in the back.
I have a baby jogger brand city mini gt model that folds completely in half that I can tuck in behind the seat.. you won't fit much else while it's in there.
I have also fit a folded up schwinn trailer in the back while carrying bikes off the back for a local trip. As I said though, you won't fit much else, so longer trips are out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts