Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about throwing one of these in my TJ to give my audio system some bass. My TJ didn't come with a subwoofer, but it did come with an aftermarket stereo. I don't really know that much about car audio, so I would appreciate it if someone could answer some questions for me:

1.) The basslink is a powered sub, so the amp is built in. Does this mean that I just use the same power source for the sub as I do for the other speakers?

2.) What will I have to do for wiring if the TJ never came with a sub in the first place?

3.) Does anyone have a link that will be able to help me figure out how to wire the thing?

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
you have the choice of using rca cables to connect it to the head unit or splice into a set of speakers.

you will need to run a power wire from the battery to the unit, connect a remote turn on lead(an aftermarket stereo has a wire to use, i think its blue with a white stripe) and you also have to ground the unit.

if you splice into a set of speaker wires for a signal than you will not need a turn on lead.

crutchfield has a bit of info on the specs.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
The basslink is the first powered sub i would recommend to someone.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I asked this question on the 'other' forum, but can either of these be mounted on the back gate? I don't want a loose sub sliding around back there, or being an incentive for someone to slash the back window.

If you have the basslink, can you post a picture of your setup in the back of how you have it secured?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Will this one fit under the front passenger seat by chance?

Photo: I have an 04 (would not fit there):nonono: but here are the measurements for you to double check yours...
Width 9-1/8" Height 3-1/4" Depth 13-7/8" I see your driving a 2013, but this was part of some reading I did that might also help.
- 2003-06 Jeep Wrangler

I really like crutchfield & the people that work there. Might be worth a call just to inquire since your jeep is very new & lets not forget to mention there are a ton of post on here (again a lot of reading:rofl:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts