Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I picked up a set of the inifinity speakers (Stock upgraded system) which I had had on my previous JKU. I was planning to just swap them for my stock speakers in the sound bar and dash. When I did this, the sound is barely coming out of the speakers?? Did I miss something. Did the upgraded stereo have a stronger AMP or something?
I presently have the stock cheap stereo that came with it (2007).
Thanks

·
Registered
545 Posts
Ohms of Speakers

Most likely you went from the normal 2 ohm speakers to 4 ohm speakers. This is why you can now barely hear them. There are many people on this forum that have talked about this before. Go into the audio section or do a search for "speakers" "audio" etc. and you will find many different solutions.

The bottom line, the Jeep sterio system sucks. All the speakers are bad. You need to replace all your speakers with better 4 ohm speakers, including the sub if you have one, get an amp, use a PAC and LOC, if you want really good sounds.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Which Infinity speakers did you go with? I replaced the factory speakers in my 13 with Kappas in the sound bar and noticed an immediate difference in sound. When I put in the Kenwood head unit the sound got drastically better. Don't forget to polyfill the sound bar, it helps out a lot!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These were the infinities that come with the upgraded stereo from another JK, so not a new purchase. Could be just the speakers too.
I did polyfill at e same time and I was hoping for the better sound from both!!
Bummer....

·
Registered
263 Posts
I would say the speakers are garbage. Honestly, just spend the money and get the new Kappas. I used to install stereo systems at the Roadshop at Circuit City, and I have heard all sorts of speakers. The Polks are a damn good speaker, but the Kappas are better in every sense. Plus they come with the installation rings and if you ever put an external amp to them, they can handle a ton of power.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts