Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has any information on how to completely remove the heater core to replace it would be greatly appreciated. I got the unit pulled out but I cant seem to figure out how to get the casing of the heater core removed from the firewall itself.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is as far as I have gotten so far. I'm having a hard time finding any bolts on the inside of my jeep that would allow me to pull this lower casing out.

Attachments

·
Commercial MemberX
8,641 Posts
Ok first of all, put that back :)....its your AC unit. The heater box is on the passenger side and you need to remove the lower box. There are a few nuts on the firewall side that you take off and the box will put away from the firewall, just dont forget to take the heater hoses off first. Once you get the box away you can take it apart and the heater core will come right out.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ibuildembig when I pull those hoses off will coolant rush out? Ive never done this before so please be patient with me, and I do appreciate your help.

·
Commercial MemberX
8,641 Posts
Yeah you will loose some but its not a big deal, you can top it off when you reinstall it. Look for some studs on the firewall side below the battery. Most of them are a 7/16 nut, if you remove those the lower box will almost fall in the floor by itself.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Subscribed! Plan on doing this one in the winter, my heater has a slow drip to it. Please continue to post up these great pics :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry that was the wrong pic. I finally got it to release. Thanks for all the info. I am going to let it set tonight. It's getting dark. I'll start back on it tomorrow so I might have some more questions once I get into it. Thanks for all your help.

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Turns out I did not need to replace the core. I just hooked a hose directly to the heater core ends coming through the firewall and ran water through it to check for clogs first before I completely replaced it. Turns out this fixed the problem. Thanks again for all your help. Couldn't have done it without you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts