Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K here is my prob.. I fabricated a wicked roof rack on my 07 unlimited Rubicon… but its interfering with my signal… iv talked to off road shops an dealer no help.. has anyone had same prob?? Thinkin about tryin to take out the antenna from the roll bar overhead where the dealer says its located.. an move it.. but havnt yet.. maybe buyin a aftermarket antenna might b way to go??

·
Registered
189 Posts
K here is my prob.. I fabricated a wicked roof rack on my 07 unlimited Rubicon… but its interfering with my signal… iv talked to off road shops an dealer no help.. has anyone had same prob?? Thinkin about tryin to take out the antenna from the roll bar overhead where the dealer says its located.. an move it.. but havnt yet.. maybe buyin a aftermarket antenna might b way to go??
The Gobi racks are also well known to cause this problem. I think it creates something called a Faraday Grid, but whatever, it blocks the signal. The easiest fix is to buy and install an aftermarket Sirius antenna and abandon the stock one. I think I paid like $12 for one from Monster. I located mine on the outside, above the drivers side cowl. Others have had success mounting inside the vehicle, under the center dash cover that hides the compass magnet.Would love to see pics of your rack.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey thanks for info... i was thinkin that but wasnt sure... i will deff take sum more pics of rack an post.. still workin on it.. need to pull it off an paint. an install lights..

·
Registered
438 Posts
You probably can get an antenna from sirrius/xm. I have xm, the old style from 10 years ago, and the antennas for it are very small pod-shaped things that are magnetically mounted. This is great for me since I transfer the unit from my Jeep to m motorcycle. I keep one antenna in the Jeep and the other is mounted on the rack system for the bike. Who knows, you may luck out and find that the antenna you have is the same thing and you will only need to move it to the outside and on the new rack. Good luck.

·
Registered
571 Posts
+1 on the mobile antenna. they are small and although magnetic, you can mount them with a little silicone adhesive too.

cass

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
k but my sirus is factory ... sooo wasnt sure if u could buy another antenna... i know the aftermarket ones have the antennas u can buy.. have one them for my dodge....
also havin probs with the navigation antenna... its mounted on the top of radio i think ..??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts