Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought new Wrangler JK Rubicon in 2015. Took to dealer in May of this year with 6 speed manual trans bearing noise. Full of metal shavings, will replace trans under warranty! Good news, but......now 5 months later telling me can not get trans or parts. Anyone have same issue or heard of similar! Anyone know if Jeep is having issue getting trans? I can not find any mention of problem anywhere. Contacted Jeep customer service, got back to me then fell off earth.

Thanks, Jerry

·
Registered
41 Posts
New one on me Jerry. Just keep on them, they’re legally bound to make good on the warranty of course. There’s a user from Jeep under “jeepcares” on this or jk-forum that I’ve seen respond to some issues. Maybe try and PM him/her?

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Bought new Wrangler JK Rubicon in 2015. Took to dealer in May of this year with 6 speed manual trans bearing noise. Full of metal shavings, will replace trans under warranty! Good news, but......now 5 months later telling me can not get trans or parts. Anyone have same issue or heard of similar! Anyone know if Jeep is having issue getting trans? I can not find any mention of problem anywhere. Contacted Jeep customer service, got back to me then fell off earth.

Thanks, Jerry
there was a guy on here complaining about a transmission replacement on his and I'm pretty sure it was a 2015 manual. seem to recall it took him like 8-9 months of it sitting on the dealer lot before they got it replaced. he was whining for quite a while on here so I'm thinking it was longer than 5 months for sure.

contact Jeep cares and see what they can do.

·
Registered
116 Posts
It's been in the shop for 5 months, awaiting a new transmission?? Have you not been all over that dealership? I would have already challenged the service manager to a wrestling match on the showroom floor. Those transmissions are available. It's the same one still being produced in the 18' JK's, and possibly the JL's as well. They are even available on Mopar Parts Overstock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts