Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The PO of my '07 JKU removed the inner fender liners to help with heat management. Should I put fender liners back in? What is the purpose of the fender liners?

Ian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
In a nutshell, they serve to keep crap out of the engine bay and away from the electronics.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So what do you think? Looks like the stock liners are less than $50 per side. Should I buy a pair and install them? Is it worth going after market?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I would. There is a huge wiring harness behind the wheel well liner on the front passenger side that I wouldn't want exposed constantly.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
i'd definitely put something in. If you have stock fenders i'd put stock ones in. Aftermarket/aftermarket.

I picked up the artec non vented for like $115 for the pair.

·
Super Moderator
15,384 Posts
In a nutshell, they serve to keep crap out of the engine bay and away from the electronics.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
I would. There is a huge wiring harness behind the wheel well liner on the front passenger side that I wouldn't want exposed constantly.
i'd definitely put something in. If you have stock fenders i'd put stock ones in. Aftermarket/aftermarket.

I picked up the artec non vented for like $115 for the pair.
+1 to what ^^ they said :)

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all, I bought a new pair of stock liners. Once they arrive I'm sure there will be some cursing as I try and install them.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
What flares do you have? If you have aftermarket flares or cut oem flares, the installation will be easy even though you have to trim the wheelwell liners. If you have uncut oem flares, it will be more difficult.

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
{\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 .HelveticaNeueInterface-Regular;}
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;\red255\green255\blue255;}
\deftab720
\pard\pardeftab720\sl480\qc\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs40 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 JK10 by Wandell Asbell, on Flickr\
}

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What flares do you have? If you have aftermarket flares or cut oem flares, the installation will be easy even though you have to trim the wheelwell liners. If you have uncut oem flares, it will be more difficult.

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
{\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 .HelveticaNeueInterface-Regular;}
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;\red255\green255\blue255;}
\deftab720
\pard\pardeftab720\sl480\qc\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs40 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 JK10 by Wandell Asbell, on Flickr\
}
I have stock flares, but a 4" lift which makes access super easy. I also have all the fasteners to reattach the flares if I decide to take them off to get even better access to install the liners. I'm more concerned about the fit of the liners around some of the new suspension components involved in the lift.

Ian

1 - 10 of 10 Posts