Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 JKUR
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with any of the "Jeep Clubs" around Colorado? Mile Hi, Grand Mesa, others?

I'm over near Glenwood Springs, so Mile Hi might be problematic.

I'd just like to hook up with some folks and see new places in a group setting vs. solo sometimes.

What are folks opinions?

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
No experience with a "club", but have met a couple of folks over the years who said they were a part of Mile Hi, they seemed nice enough.

Otherwise keeping an eye here is probably the best way to hit the trails. It is still a bit early but quite a few runs get posted during the summer. April Phoolz is this weekend, you are not far from Buena Vista...

Reactions: zgfiredude

·
Premium Member
2014 JKUR
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would have attended, but we have a family camping weekend scheduled. I will be scoping out some trails in the bookcliffs just east of Grand Junction though!

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
I’m a “member” of the Mile Hi Jeep Club. I’ve been on a few rides and met some good people but also some I’d rather not see again. It’s like anything: it might be great for you but maybe not. You won’t know until you try.

·
Registered
25 Posts
We're in the same boat. We've been out of 4 -wheeling for many years, just got a used JKU, and are looking forward to some summer fun. Our friends in Grand Junction are all avid Jeepers ranging from stock to big rock crawlers, but we're in the Denver area. We are going on the April Phool's Run this weekend in BV, hope to meet some people there and get info on other group rides like that.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
I've been in and out of Mile High as well for various reasons. They do have a lot of organized events like All-4-Fun and they're big enough you should be able to find a group in the club you like (they are broken up in to "patrols"). It does have bureaucracy like any other large club. You can join in the meetings and committees if you want. Or you can just be a member and go on trail runs.

And I'll repeat what was said above. Like any other big group, there are people you're going to get along with pretty well and others not so much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts