Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Download speeds horrible (20 minutes to download a 77mb file over a 100mpbs wifi connection)

Bluetooth connectivity shotty

3+ million app support when but most of the apps I've downloaded are not supported (I'm not downloading 3 million spamware apps made in russia)

Audio white noise that no matter what you do, it still haunts you.

Very expensive radio to have to deal with this shit.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
Insane audio is basically a chinese head unit which is simply assembled in the USA. In fact on their website they don't advertise too heavily the kind of internal chips they use because if they did the site would start looking amazingly similar to a chinese head unit website.

Having said that, I have a chinese head unit (Dasaita) and love it to death... and yes I have had the high end pioneer, Kenwood as well as alpine. It's the best overall information center that you can ever have in my opinion.

On the downside with these chinese units though is the fact that the internal electronics is by no means cutting edge. They keep the price down by using the older technology. The bluetooth chips, wifi chips, dsp chips, amplifier chips... etc, are all older version chips which came out YEARS ago. That being the case, things like wifi and bluetooth are going to be slower and less advanced.

Like you, I get a bit of white noise at the speakers even when the volume is zero.
I will say though, I'm not sure why you're having app compatibility issues. Everything I have downloaded from google play works fine. What android version are you running and what apps are you referring to?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts