Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The inside windshield moulding is falling down on my 06 wrangler. The one corner doesn't even match up and won't reach. Any thoughts? Do I need to replace the windshield and moulding? Or can I get it resealed?

·
Registered
955 Posts
Are you talking about the weather seal around the actual glass of your windshield? I had the same issue on my 2000. My windshield leaked when it rained too. I assumed the only way to properly fix it is to have the windshield removed and re-installed. I just used clear silicon to seal the windshield and called it good enough.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
If it's the plastic frame, ignore it.

If it's the rubber around the glass, and if it's not leaking , ignore it.
My lower right corner was pulled away for years, no leaks. I did not mess with it, it did not mess with me.

·
Detail Oriented
3,174 Posts
The only thing I know of around the windshield that is rubber is the mounting gasket. So far as I know you need that. It is not decorative.

Since you now have answers in both directions, perhaps posting a photo of exactly what you are talking about - the part, what you perceive to be wrong with it, etc.

Photos will help us to not waste a lot of time guessing.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I know exactly what your talking about. Mine is falling off as well. Top drivers side of the windshield. On hot summer days especially I'll come out and half that damn rubber seal or whatever it is is hanging down touching the dash. I have a 05. I was thinking on using a adhesive like pl premium or something like that and trying to glue it back up and there. Mine doesn't leak at all either. Just a pain

·
Registered
80 Posts
We purchase our used 99 three years ago and we are having same issue.The bottom rt corner(pass side) and no water leaks.
After research, the inside rubber seal is a seperate piece than the outside. OEM wants$$ for inside rubber seal, so I carefully heat gun(low heat) the rubber then clamped/ rubber glue it in place overnight. Week 1,So far its holding
Just thown my 2cents in.

·
Registered
238 Posts
^the windshield glass is urethane caulked to the steel frame from the outside. The inside rubber molding is just decorative, covering the inside exposed edge of said steel frame. It doesn't provide any kind of seal. Try some 3M super weather strip adhesive to glue it back in place. Be careful with it as it gets messy.

·
Registered
257 Posts
^the windshield glass is urethane caulked to the steel frame from the outside. The inside rubber molding is just decorative, covering the inside exposed edge of said steel frame. It doesn't provide any kind of seal. Try some 3M super weather strip adhesive to glue it back in place. Be careful with it as it gets messy.
Yep , It's just decorative. I had my windshield replaced last year. they had to take that out a it fell apart in the process. They windshield guy said that that was common,and that it was decorative, and if I wanted it replaced he would order one. i still haven't replaced it yet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts