Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1989 Wrangler with 4.2 I6. I put a weber carb on it and now the mechanic says it won't pass inspection??? WTF is that? I live in Wharton County by the way.

·
Hacks off Parts while Lit
2,290 Posts
where are you at (im assuming texas?) is he saying it fails on emissions or what?

i took my pick up to get inspected a couple weeks ago and they didnt do ANYTHING except check my insurance, not blinkers or anything :D

i say just take it somewhere else and try again (unless you have emissions....in that case, i dont know)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do not have emissions testing. I am in Wharton County.

·
Hacks off Parts while Lit
2,290 Posts
why did he say it wont pass then? go somewhere else and pay the 14 bucks, it oughta pass (if the rest of it is ok). most of the places i''ve been wouldnt know a weber carb from their ass

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The county inspector is supposedly gettin tuff on aftermarket parts like that and is pressing the inspectors.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
??????????

I have a 1989 Wrangler with 4.2 I6. I put a weber carb on it and now the mechanic says it won't pass inspection??? WTF is that? I live in Wharton County by the way.
Did he site the exact code you you failed for?

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
One more thing

Popatop & Txjustin

Why are you guys not signed up for the Fall Texas Spur in Llano?

:crash:CUZ i know your PC is working:crash:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did he site the exact code you you failed for?
He is my regular mechanic, I own a used carlot, and told me that when I have to inspect it again it will fail with the weber carb on it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts