Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey anyone, not sure if this is the right place for this question but it sorta relates to wheels and tires so here goes. I have a stock 2010 Wrangler unlimited and I (of course) want to go a little bigger with the tires. I'm thinking I'll stay with stock rims plasti dipped but I've been considering a Leveling kit just to even out the stance and allow for a bit taller tire. Can a leveling kit be installed by just one person and with common tools? Or there any specialized tools and should I take it to a mechanic? Thanks for any tips!:confused:

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Should be able too. I replaced the 3/4 inch factory spacers in my TJ by myself. It took about 4 hours and a lot of cussing but I did it. My big limitation was jack stands. Not high enough and so I had to compress the springs with ratchet tie downs. Spend $50 and buy bigger jack stands or rent a spring compressor (or just buy one). Other than that, it was just ratchets and wrenches, etc.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've heard horror stories about how the springs broke loose and injured the guy breaking his arm. is that a danger or would lifting the jeep high enough take care of the need to compress the springs? Thanks for the info btw

1 - 5 of 5 Posts