Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna install one of the bush guards intended for the side markers over top of the trail rated badge for my 2012 JK , any tips ?? It has to be taped and drilled with tech screws , has anyone attempted this before ?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Are you afraid of damaging it? If so, you can have mine. I ripped it off the first day I had my new Jeep.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
I assume this is for looks. You could see if you can finds some side marker light guards and use one of them.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Hey, this might be a first and what some of us think might be a cooky idea -- but what the heck, post up a pic if you do it? And start thinking up a cleaver answer for when people continue to ask you "WHY?"

·
Registered
123 Posts
:rofl::rofl::rofl: It is not necessary to demonstrate everyday how gullible forum members/Jeep owners can be and try to tease responses to crazy ideas. The example before yours was the report that had several people convinced that Jeep production was moving to China. Give it a rest!!!! Oh! er, uh, gosh, maybe you were not kidding???? :doh:

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
It's his 1st post, of course he is serious.

·
Registered
165 Posts
This was the OP's one and only post. Delete this thread and give him a web redemption.

·
..shall not be infringed!
4,666 Posts
Jeez, what a friendly, welcoming bunch of guys today!

Sounds kinda like a cool little appearance mod to me.

I would stick it on with 3M VHB adhesive tape cut to fit around the outside rim of the bush guard. That's how the trail rated badge itself is attached.

Welcome to WF. And, apologies for the rude "welcome" you have received so far. Not everybody here is an a$$hole!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Before you go drilling into the side of your Jeep, try the adhesive tape Up Hill Bill suggested.

Good luck, and welcome to the forum.:thumb:

·
Registered
123 Posts
I feel so bad. The OP has obviously made a serious first post. After all his avatar is of his JKU jumping a curb. My apologies...and consider me reformed. Pop rivets would be the appropriate attachment method. Rave on!!!

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Sounds like a neat looking mod. Pls show pic when done. Id use 3m tape too for what its worth

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
If it makes ya happy do it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
GonzoBobH said:
Hey, this might be a first and what some of us think might be a cooky idea -- but what the heck, post up a pic if you do it? And start thinking up a cleaver answer for when people continue to ask you "WHY?"
Haha thanks man ! Ya when ppl ask "why" I say why not , it's gonna look badass and I've never seen this done before , I will post picks when I get around to doing this lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts