Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally got time to edit this together.. Like the flares a lot.. lots of steps to the install but look better than the white stock flares that we had.. so if you are thinking about these.. see what it takes to install them.

·
GOT DOORS?
568 Posts
These are the flares I want. I just stumbled upon your vid and found this to be extremely useful!

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These are the flares I want. I just stumbled upon your vid and found this to be extremely useful!
Glad it was helpful.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Picked up some bushwacker knock offs on eBay for half the price. Same install procedure as above. There was a bit of "adaptive engineering" here and there.
Biggest PITA mod I've done, but they look much better than the old OEM fenders.
Nice video.

·
GOT DOORS?
568 Posts
Picked up some bushwacker knock offs on eBay for half the price. Same install procedure as above. There was a bit of "adaptive engineering" here and there.
Biggest PITA mod I've done, but they look much better than the old OEM fenders.
Nice video.
Do you have any pics?

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
Well done.

Reactions: 4Jeepn

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Here's a few pics of the "unbranded" bushwacker type flat fenders off eBay.
The only difference is the unbranded don't come with the 3M edge tape for the top side of the flare. It comes with the push on edging that gives the upper part no adhesion to the side panel. I'm not a big fan of 3M tape it all fails at some point. If I had half a brain during the install I'd have put some double back tape on the underside of the top portion to adhere to the mounting pieces. I may at some point do that on the fronts. The rears are pretty solid.
If you got the cash go for the real stuff. These were $270. And they do install the same way as the video.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have them and I love them. I have the cheaper version on my Silverado and you can definitely tell. The bushwacker quality is worth the price for sure

1 - 11 of 11 Posts