Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 4 Door Wrangler that is very nice and has low miles, except it didn't come with auto locks, keyless entry, or power windows. I just saw a video online from an auto mechanic in Florida that installed a Viper Security System in the same type of jeep I have, which enabled keyless entry into the vehicle. Does anyone know if I can have any type of keyless entry installed into my jeep so I don't have to reach over my seat to unlock the back doors and use a key to get in my car all the time? I live in NJ so Florida is not an option for me to get this done. Thanks Guys.

Vin

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have been wanting to do this for some time in my 13. I had a remote start put on by a shop and I asked how much it was to add door locks to the doors and they wanted $250 a door! That's $1250 for five actuators I can get on Amazon for about 30 bucks! A little too rich for my blood. I've researched on it and there isn't that much out there at all. From what i've seen Online it's a pita but well worth it!

If there's anyone out there that has done it it would be awesome to get some more info on how you did it!

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
OEM would be a massive expense if not outright impossible. Going aftermarket through a quality car audio/accessory shop (NOT Best Buy) will get you something but it will be expensive. The reason it costs so much as mentioned above is because it is FAR more than just adding actuators to the doors. You will probably spend a few thousand dollars even doing it aftermarket.

·
Registered
12 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts