Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am wanting to install more lights on the 2012 and was wondering if anyone knew where I could get the button that would go by the traction control or hazard button? Second question is how to remove the panel to get to it? Thank you.

481 Posts
Are you going to add any other items that require a switch?

I wanted to do the same thing, and came to the conclusion that over time I was probably going to add more than one or two. At that point someone suggested an sPod. The sPod comes with a pre wired 6 switch panel that installs fairly easily ( I did it myself, so its real easy ) and allows you to run the switches once, but have all six available. I currently have two switches active, one for my back up lights and one for my rear locker. The really cool part is that the "Source" manages all your fuses and relays. This allows you to run all your wires to one location, and then the "Source" connects to the battery. Very clean and easy install, and dramatically reduces the chances of screwing up the electrical. Call them direct, you should be able to get a forum discount.

Probably the best mod I have done to date. Has saved me a few hours of running a switch, and I know the electrical isn't gonna blow.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Can't answer your original question but this another vote for the sPOD. If you ever plan on adding more electrical accessories, it's the way to go. Clean and easy...and right. John over at sPOD can hook you up with a 10% discount if you give him a call. The only downside is that it's pricey.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I will also cast a vote for getting an sPod, the CANBus electrical system in the JK is real sensitive and you run the risk of screwing up other electrical components by tapping into it.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
I have not seen anyone that has been able to do that I did see where someone put a toggle type switch in that location. I read a post that said they had found a switch but it was not something you could wire lights to tried to find the post it was on another forum but no luck.

FYI as others have said the sPOD is very nice (i have one) if you plan to run several accessories but spendy for a couple of accessories

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
I have heard that it has been done, but I never read the thread which was on another forum. The general consensus is that you cannot add another "factory" switch. Behind those blank switches is a circuit board. I imagine you would have to solder wires to the circuit board and then add the switches.

·
Registered
364 Posts
The sPOD is worth every bit of the price since it is able to separate all of your aftermarket wiring/accessories from the stock wiring. Plus the switch panel is unobtrusive and the whole thing integrates in to the Jeep amazingly well.

--Sean

1 - 9 of 9 Posts