Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4" Suspension lifted 2003 X, 4.0L with TC drop (looks to be 1" bar). I was thinking of buying a 1" body lift and possibly 1.25" motor mount lift and taking off the transfer case drop bars.

I know SYE+DS is the correct answer, however even with the SYE+DS I would need a BL+MML down the road anyways for a tummy tuck, so for the meantime the BL+MML seems like a logical cost effective sidestep.

I know there's no absolute formula, however does anyone with around a 4" lift have any experience with this? If they successfully used a MML+BL without a transfer case drop and got no vibes?

For what its worth I don't have any vibes now, (or that I know of) ...

·
Knows a couple things...
49,495 Posts
There are of course 1.25" body lifts but I've only seen 1" motor mount lifts. I don't think you'll be able to entirely remove the t-case drop by just installing the MML, you'll probably end up with vibes if you remove the entire t-case drop. You can probably at least raise the t-case lift by 1/2" or so after installing the MML. Using washers instead of spacers between the frame and t-case skidplate allows you to have just enough t-case drop to eliminate the vibes.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Hello -
I have a 2003 X, 4.0L with a 4" suspension, 1" BL, MML, Tummy Tuck. I ran a 1.5" T-Case drop and I did not think I had vibes either, but when I added the sye / ds, all I could say was wow, It drove like a brand new Jeep. I had vibrations before but didn't realize it.
I added the MML after the sye / ds was installed, so I can't say if it will work or not. But if it were me, I would add the MML anyway, and ditch the t-case drop and see how it rides. If that doesn't work, you could add smaller spacers for the t-case drop. You will more then likely need sye / ds / adj uppers to get it super smooth.
I have a 1" Brown Dog MML with rubber mounts. Wicked good quality.

·
"Seamed Like a Good Idea
1,200 Posts
I have a 2 1/2" to 3" lift. Added the JKS 1 1/4" BL and the JKS Budget 1" MML and was able to get rid of the TC drop. I think it would be stretching it to try to rid yourself totally of the TC drop with a 4"lift. I agree with Jerry, you should be able to lesson the drop though. I would start with a washer (as a spacer) at a time until no more vibes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts