Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received my new Smittybilt X2O Synthetic Rope Winch. Anyone have any tips for install? Because I have to have my 4" Mopar Lift re-torqued (they told me at 500 miles to bring it back in for re-torquing), I thought I would have them do it there. Well... they told me it was going to cost $900 including the mounting bracket/plate. I have the stock Rubicon Hard Rock bumper and am keeping it on...

Anyone know if this is a fair price? How about: how hard is it to do it myself? Can I screw this up or butcher it if I have not done this before.

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
For $900, I will take a vacation from work, drive to Cali, install your winch, and stop for wheeling on the drive out and back......and I live in upstate NY.

They might be overcharging you.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I just installed my X20 last week. I did it with the bumper off, but the whole task might take 2 hours if you're working slow and not in a rush. Take it from me... attach the fairlead FIRST. I actually had to unbolt my winch and start over because of that, I've never installed a winch before, and it still only took under 2 hours.

$900... pffft... they can go pound sand.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
I'm thinking they may have misunderstood and quoted you the winch, too.

That's just too crazy to believe otherwise. lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay - this is pretty confirming. Thanks a lot guys. I think I will buy the mounting bracket and try to do it myself.

If anyone has any good tips (this one on the fairlead) is great! Thanks for that!

·
Registered
484 Posts
I got the Rock Hard winch mount for the Hard Rock bumper. I'm very pleased with that mount. A local guy installed my winch for $100.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Any pics? What bracket/plate did you use?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts