Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a little more clearance for my exhaust on my recently installed 350. Currently the exhaust drop is right above the yolk on the axle. it looks kike under compression the yolk may hit the exhaust.
I could have purchased different headers to remedy this but the ones I have on are new and already painted I don't want to have to sell mine and buy others.

I bought I set of leaf springs from a 91 wagoner this should lift the front about 2 inches and move the axle 2" forward. I also fabricated shackles to give me another 1/2". This should fix my clearance issues while giving me a lift, extending the wheel base and replacing those old worn out springs.

This seems to be a simple swap I will keep yall updated if anyone has done this swap and has any pointers I'm all ears.. Ill post more pictures when I install the springs.

View attachment 3005802

View attachment 3005810

·
Registered
817 Posts
Check into having to move your steering gear box forward and making your steering shaft longer, I had too.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I installed the springs last night everything went well I need to order a set of U-bolts I got one on each side now. I Had to remove the track bar. But the steering didn't need modified. I may get a drop pitman arm later after I test drive it. It lifted 2 1/2" and increased the wheel base by 2"
Here are pictures of before and after.

View attachment 3009434

View attachment 3009442

1 - 3 of 3 Posts