Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So I just installed the 130n headunit in my wrangler unlimited with a 4000NEX. Took me a while because it was my first audio install, but I did it! I also have the upgraded 77KICK10 speakers in the dash and soundbar. With the 130N I could crank the system to about 34 without distortion and got some pretty good bass out of the system. The 4000NEX puts out more power and it appears that I am getting more volume, but the speakers clip at around 20 and the bass doesn't seem to be as strong. With my old system the bass from the soundbar would actually shake the seats!

I would like to avoid running new speaker wires to same some hassle and keep the system reversible. Is there anyway I can add an amp without having to run new speaker wires? Also do you guys have any suggestions to get the bass back in my system? Previously I was running +7 bass, +3 mid, +4 treble I believe with the fader set to 2 click towards the back.

I have an Infinity BassLink system that I'll be installing, will that help with the clipping or am I just limited by the internal amp?

·
Commercial Member
116 Posts
Check out sonixelectronics on YouTube they did an after aM&P market install. Unfortunately I think you'll need to replace the wires.

·
Premium Member
9,565 Posts
I can't find hard and fast figures but I think your speakers are the issue. Your 77Kick10 speakers are 2 ohm and the amp for the pioneer is 50w X 4 at 4 ohms. What this means that at 20 you are already putting out 50 watts and I doubt the internal amp is stable at 2 ohms.

Concerning speaker wire, follow this rule, for 4 ohms load, 18 gage less than 5 feet, 16 gage less than 10 feet and 14 gage for less than 20 ft. If running 2 ohm speakers half the distance of 4 ohm. There is no reason not to have 2 sets of speaker wire, one for you new set up and the stock setup if you want to revert.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't find hard and fast figures but I think your speakers are the issue. Your 77Kick10 speakers are 2 ohm and the amp for the pioneer is 50w X 4 at 4 ohms. What this means that at 20 you are already putting out 50 watts and I doubt the internal amp is stable at 2 ohms.

Concerning speaker wire, follow this rule, for 4 ohms load, 18 gage less than 5 feet, 16 gage less than 10 feet and 14 gage for less than 20 ft. If running 2 ohm speakers half the distance of 4 ohm. There is no reason not to have 2 sets of speaker wire, one for you new set up and the stock setup if you want to revert.
So I looked into it and couldnt find anything that proved the 77kick10's were 2 ohms. I grabbed a multimeter and measured a little over 4 ohms. I think I'm gonna try out the small kicker 455 amp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts