Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 JKU Sahara

I installed an aftermarket stereo (Boss multimedia) using an off the shelf adapter (scochi) to connect the speakers and other wires to the OEM connector.

I do not get any sound now. Been thru all the configs and setup screens on the new unit.

I further tested by plugging an external speaker into the aux out rca ports from the head unit and do get sound directly from the head unit.

So I figure that either the adapter/connector for the speakers is not working, or there is some sort of sorcery needed on the ECM....?

Do I need to take the Jeep to a dealer to have it flashed because I changed the stereo? I am wondering if the speaker/amp system is tied in and now deactivated.....:atomic:

Any help would be appreciated!!!!

Don

·
Registered
248 Posts
you just need a harness that communicates on the can bus data bus in the factory plug.... if your jeep is equipped with a stock subwoofer/amplifier then you need one for factory amplified jeeps. if you do not have the factory subwoofer/amplifier then the non amplified version will work.

you must remember to connect the amplifier/remote turn on wire on the amplified version

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick feedback!!! :beerdrinking:

You need the PAC type module.
It PAC a brand or a technology? I googled it, and Crutchfield came up with PAC C2R-CHY4 Wiring Interface...for $100 :surrender:

you just need a harness that communicates on the can bus data bus in the factory plug.... if your jeep is equipped with a stock subwoofer/amplifier then you need one for factory amplified jeeps. if you do not have the factory subwoofer/amplifier then the non amplified version will work.

you must remember to connect the amplifier/remote turn on wire on the amplified version
I bought the "Scosche" brand adapter from Wallyworld...it says the right year, make, model, but doesn't differentiate between factory amp/sub or not...so I am guessing at this point it is for a non amplified version Jeep (oh well, get what you pay for when shopping for bargains).
I will have to surf that mfg's web to see if only the blackbox module is all I need to replace.

Can you tell me more about the amp/remote turn on? does that connect to the aftermarket stereo's power antenna wire?

Again thanks!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I contacted Scosche today. Actually I sent an email over the weekend, but did not get a response this morning, so go on the "live chat" on their web site. here is what they recommended:

The issue you are experiencing may be caused by a data miscommunication between the Scosche module and the vehicle's data system. You'd want to perform a reset and initialize the module with the vehicle's system. Sometimes it takes longer for the vehicle and the interface to properly reset. I'd recommend trying a 7-10 minute wait.
To properly reset an interface, follow these steps in sequence:
1. Turn the vehicle off, take the keys out of the ignition, and open up a door (passenger or driver side door). Disconnect the interface module and close all the vehicle doors including the trunk/tail-gate, hood.
2. Wait inside the vehicle for 7-10 minutes.
3. During the 7-10 minutes make sure to have everything powered off, do not reopen any doors, do not step out of the vehicle.
4. After 7-10 minutes, still without having opened any doors, plug the interface module back in and start the vehicle all the way on.
This should hopefully resolve the issue. If it does not fix your issue, I’d recommend a warranty exchange of the product.

I guess half an hour of opening up the dash and removing the head unit is worth a try...

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Yes, the PAC C2R-CHY4 is what I have. I got it for $49.99 since I bought my head unit there. I just checked amazon, and there is one on there for $57.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, the PAC C2R-CHY4 is what I have. I got it for $49.99 since I bought my head unit there. I just checked amazon, and there is one on there for $57.
Thanks again! I am going that route. After two calls to Scosche's customer support and exchanging for a new one the POS does not work :(

To any who care to read, the SCOSCHE CR4000A WILL NOT WORK WITH A JKU with Infinity factory sound, although their packaging and c.s. reps say it will.

/rant :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts