Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....after 2 1/2 years being annoyed by the Sahara running boards, I installed genuine Rubi Rails in their place.

Then had to run an errand, all of it on the (rural) pavement county roads......

I swear, it drives differently already.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have only had my JKU sport for 2 months, and cannot wait to get the Rubicon rock rails instead of the side steps it came with. The price on CL in Denver is all over the map for these things. When I see some for about $100, I am going to get em.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...good luck, it took quite a while for me to find new take-offs for $150....and even then it seemed like a really decent deal.....

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Then had to run an errand, all of it on the (rural) pavement county roads......

I swear, it drives differently already.
Yup, I have no doubt! :thumb:

+you know the drill... pics or didn't happen...

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
...I've fired all the photo providers as the 3 I worked with over the years just kept getting worse & worse on various procedures.....I finally got fed up. So far haven't missed much....yeah, big disappointment. Go to the Quadratech ad for "rubi rails" and where there is a yellow JK insert a forest green version.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
...I've fired all the photo providers as the 3 I worked with over the years just kept getting worse & worse on various procedures.....I finally got fed up. So far haven't missed much....yeah, big disappointment. Go to the Quadratech ad for "rubi rails" and where there is a yellow JK insert a forest green version.
No worries man. I know what rubi rails look like. Lol. I don't really know what you are talking about with the photo providers, but just in case you don't know... in "advanced" message mode their is a paper clip icon that allows you to attach an image directly from your computer. It is pretty easy and even though the size is limited, I finally figured out that you don't have to mess around with resizing them. Just upload and the program will auto shrink them.

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
...from what I can see, those appear to be the 'inside door sill' liners, NOT the 'outside rock slider rails' . Different parts than what I'm talking about.

Here's what I installed:

and with a longer trip today, yes there ARE several differences:

1) different wind sounds at 40-60 mph
2) different sounds bouncing back at 20-40 mph

and it sounds crazy, but I swear it 'seems' like my Wrangler sits higher & narrower. This is an obvious illusion, but the sound for sure is different.

Oh, and
3) EASIER top step into rig than stretch over the running boards.

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
They are the same ones I got off ebay. I call them Rubi-rails. Here is a pic of them on my Jeep with ACE rock sliders.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
We added Rubi rails with our Ace rock sliders Tuesday. We really like the look as well.

Haven't noticed any sound differences yet, but we are heading up to Charleston, South Carolina and Asheville, North Carolina on Sunday, so we'll have plenty of time to listen for it! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts