Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the Bushwhacker Flat Fenders and installed them this weekend. Took about 8 hours to do all 4. It says it takes 2 but I found myself consumed in trimming my splashshields and getting everything lined up perfect. They transformed the look of my Jeep and give it a sort of "lifted" appearance. Love it!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Very nice, I was looking a set for my YJ but ended up with metal ones.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have to get a good side shot of the front, but in the meantime, here is the rear :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I must say, it almost makes the 33's look "lost" but I put them on a week ago. It's too soon to upgrade to 35's, right?? lol

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I must say, it almost makes the 33's look "lost" but I put them on a week ago. It's too soon to upgrade to 35's, right?? lol
Just so you know-- 33's WILL rub at the pinch when wheeling; even with the TF leveling kit! Ask me how I know!! So 35's would also rub pretty hard, right??:thumb::thumb:

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
Those do look much better than stock. I still think I'm going to get tube fenders though.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Just so you know-- 33's WILL rub at the pinch when wheeling; even with the TF leveling kit! Ask me how I know!! So 35's would also rub pretty hard, right??:thumb::thumb:
You were not rubbing the seam. 33s on any aftermarket wheel or mounted on stock wheels are not large enough to access the it. However, they can hit the sway bars and or air dam. 35s on the other hand :thumb:

·
Registered
187 Posts
It just takes time and money!
Don't forget the third part of the equation. I got time. I got money. I don't got wife approval. :hide:

But those fenders rock.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The Bushwackers don't require amy drilling, correct? They look pretty good. How do they hold up over time? Do they start turning grey like the stock fenders?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
The Bushwackers don't require amy drilling, correct? They look pretty good. How do they hold up over time? Do they start turning grey like the stock fenders?

Thanks.
No drilling, but you'll need a Dremel with a cutting bit (or something similar to cut the splash guards), time, and an infinite amount of patience in the face crippling tedium. :D

Here's a step-by-step on how to do the install.

Project-JK.com - Jeep JK Wrangler Resource » Bushwacker JK Flat Fender Installation Write-Up

1 - 20 of 65 Posts