Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my sunrider put on today. Took awhile as I was by myself and couldn't get some things lined up exactly.

Finally got all the screws seated, all the knobs tightened and the top ready to roll, I noticed that the top is so tight, when I flip it forward, it stops 6 to 8 inches above the windshield top and it's one hell of a workout to get the latches to catch.

Is this correct, or do I have something wrong?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just installed mine this weekend. It was brand new and it was not very warm out. It was extremely tight. There is no way I could have gotten it on by myself. Even with the help of my brother we struggled for over an hour before we got it on. This was a 4 door.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback.

My sunrider is brand new as well. It was someplace in the 50s temperature-wise.

And it's super tight. I just want to make sure I'm not screwing anything up.

·
Registered
248 Posts
According to the directions, you're not supposed to install the top below 72 degrees (and I assume by "Sunrider" you mean "Soft Top"). I did my initial install at 68 degrees and had to fight it on.

·
Super Moderator
22,058 Posts
yup you want them tight. mine is over a year old and still tight as a drum and that is a good thing. one thing is you learn a little trick of extending the clamp so it catches the latch and much easier. Kind of hard to explain but when the clamp/bracket is extended all the way it reaches the part that is on the header and must much easier. I have talked several people thru it on the phone and when they finally get it they go duh.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts