Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the top as the price to my door was under around $280 bucks, so I figured I would give it a try as I like the looks and I also like the Safari top option. Installation was a snap took about 20 minutes tops I already had the header installed as I removed my bikini top, Fit was very nice and secure windows are pretty dark tint which I also like. The big test is to see if it holds rain? I am curious if anyone has put on any type of waterproofing product on these or any soft top as an extra precaution? If so what is recommended? I will post pics in the next few days, But so far I am very pleased with this top.

·
Registered
16,248 Posts
drl650 said:
I bought the top as the price to my door was under around $280 bucks, so I figured I would give it a try as I like the looks and I also like the Safari top option. Installation was a snap took about 20 minutes tops I already had the header installed as I removed my bikini top, Fit was very nice and secure windows are pretty dark tint which I also like. The big test is to see if it holds rain? I am curious if anyone has put on any type of waterproofing product on these or any soft top as an extra precaution? If so what is recommended? I will post pics in the next few days, But so far I am very pleased with this top.
The top is a tough one trust me :thumb:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Where did you find one for that price?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Fawbio72 said:
My question too! I have the rampage half top and it's well built but would like a full top too so my rear seat would be usable. Plus water pools on the tounneau cover when it rains...it doesn't leak a bit until you move the jeep! Then water will slosh over the little lip and into the rear floorboard. But yes where did you score that top that cheap!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looked around thru Google and found a coupon for JC Whitney The total was actually $288 shipped..

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Tight at a drum in the rain no need to worry.

·
Registered
497 Posts
i just put mine on a week ago but the rear window has like two bumps at the top and doesn't seem supper tight and it flaps where the rear window and roof connect did i do something wrong should i take it off and put it back on ???

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
i just put mine on a week ago but the rear window has like two bumps at the top and doesn't seem supper tight and it flaps where the rear window and roof connect did i do something wrong should i take it off and put it back on ???
After it "settles" in you should tighten those 3 straps at the top of the window again. Actually you should give those 3, and the 3 inside a tug.

·
Registered
497 Posts
After it "settles" in you should tighten those 3 straps at the top of the window again. Actually you should give those 3, and the 3 inside a tug.
ye i thought so i did that and then the Velcro on the top of the rear window went past the velcro on the bikini top making it difficult to connect them

·
Registered
421 Posts
The velcro is my only complaint. It should be sewn about four inches sooner as it is close to not sticking once installed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm a noob here, but thought I would share a bit of useful information since I've seen that a lot of people are interested in this top. I installed it on my TJ about a month ago, and so far I've loved it. I have the sailcloth version, and it's just as quiet if not more quiet than my previous Supertop. Installation was a snap even in 50 degree weather. I can't wait to try out the bikini top in the summer. Anyway, my usefull information is that water pools on this top. We had a small storm here last night, and when I went out this morning i saw a pool of water right over the driver side. It didn't leak inside, but it did stretch the top a little bit. Shouldn't be an issue, but keep that in mind when you're considering this top. I've attached a pic.

http://flic.kr/p/bguSdt

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Do you have the 2 tension bars in? Mine hasnt pooled at all.

I still cant believe Im the only one who has an issue with the weird vibration noise from the drivers side rear. Makes me mad I cant figure it out.

·
Registered
281 Posts
srad600 said:

I still cant believe Im the only one who has an issue with the weird vibration noise from the drivers side rear. Makes me mad I cant figure it out.
I have the same vibration you're talking about. I think it's because my top doesn't fit really tight, and when wind blows, the plastic vibrates against the channel the windows are seated in

·
Registered
3 Posts

Yup, I have the tension bars in. Everything is super tight. I re-adjusted the straps every few days for the first couple of weeks it was on, and check them daily. My tension bars don't seem to do a whole lot. They're pretty flimsy. I'm thinking about getting a long piece of polyboard or something similar and wedging over head between the door surrounds, creating a bow and some more support. It's a shame that the top is having this problem. I was 100% happy with it until it rained.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts