Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so to start. i bought my jeep with a lod rear bumper and carrier already installed. and while it is a nice setup i have no knocks on it i sold it so i can go a different direction. first pic is with the lod.

the new setup is Olympic boa rear bumper and rugged ridge Spartacus tire carrier. let me tel you the rugged ridge carrier is a sweet setup. i also have there hood latches they make amazing quality items. the rear door opens as smooth and feels as ight as it did with no carrier on it at all. i love it.

12241731_10207322013865178_2823724716408641598_n (1).jpg

20160206_141520.jpg

20160206_143350.jpg

20160206_152811.jpg

20160206_161203.jpg

·
Registered
117 Posts
Looking good. Did you have any issues with the RR tire carrier lining up to the stock holes of the tailgate? Also, how's the quality of the mounting hardware (bolts, washers, etc).

·
Registered
113 Posts
Looking good. Did you have any issues with the RR tire carrier lining up to the stock holes of the tailgate? Also, how's the quality of the mounting hardware (bolts, washers, etc).
I did mine tonight, no issues at all with lining up the holes. The hinge nuts in the tailgate have lots of movement in them, you just stick something in there like a screwdriver to put them in place.

The hardware looked good to me with the exception of the long screws to mount the brake light. They seemed a little to long for me by about 1/4", I used some I had laying around instead. The probably would have worked fine I just got cautious when they started getting tough to screw in that last bit.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks, no i had zero issues install was super smooth top quality piece of equipment for sure.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
117 Posts
I did mine tonight, no issues at all with lining up the holes. The hinge nuts in the tailgate have lots of movement in them, you just stick something in there like a screwdriver to put them in place.

The hardware looked good to me with the exception of the long screws to mount the brake light. They seemed a little to long for me by about 1/4", I used some I had laying around instead. The probably would have worked fine I just got cautious when they started getting tough to screw in that last bit.
thanks, no i had zero issues install was super smooth top quality piece of equipment for sure.
Thank you both for your feedback.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts