Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got done adding wheel spacers to my stock 2014 JKU Altitude edition. I'm hoping once I add AEV 2 inch budget boost and maybe some BFG ko/2 or duratrac's in the largest size that will fit on the stock 18 in rims that it might be aggressive enough looking for me to be happy with the looks. It's a daily driver with very limited off-roading. I don't want to lose the quality of stock ride. Here are a few pics of before and after the spacers.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Looks good, tires don't look like they are playing peek-a-boo back in the well anymore. Maybe you don't need it but here is a link to a page that let's you see available tire sizes based on wheel diameter. Handy.
Tire Size Chart

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks good gives it a nice stance!
Thanks, I drove it today to work and it drives the exact same. I really think it improved the look. I can't wait to get it leveled or a small lift and bigger tires. I love driving a jeep so much. It's crazy how awesome Jeeps are.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I also added 1.5 Spidertax spacers and the 2"AEV lift. I am planning on 295 65 18 Duratracs (33.1) or 295 70 18 Cooper st maxx (34.5) using my stock polished 7 spoke rims.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also added 1.5 Spidertax spacers and the 2"AEV lift. I am planning on 295 65 18 Duratracs (33.1) or 295 70 18 Cooper st maxx (34.5) using my stock polished 7 spoke rims.
Do you have any pics of the AEV lIft with the stock rims and the spider trax wheel spacer. I would love to see how the lift looks!

·
Registered
106 Posts
sorry still getting used to posting pics. Hydro next to my wife's stock 13 JKUS. 2"AEV 1.5 Spidertrax

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Take a look at the Rough Country series 2 spacer lift. It's complete and fairly easy install. It'll give 2-1/2" for $180.00. Should be good for 35's.

·
Registered
106 Posts
No negatives to report on spacers or lift. I find it feels more sure footed in winds and during cornering with the wheel spacers installed.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
No more mail Jeep ;) You did remove the retaining clips from the wheel studs, right? Common and potentially deadly mistake. Otherwise, the spacers are good to go. I ran them for months, checked torque a few times and with the red Loc-tite they never lost torque.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts