Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed my new quadratec winch today and while installing it i was thinking about my battery a little....being as i dont know how old it is since it was in it when i purchased the jeep im thinking i might replace it since im sure using the winch will really put a strain on it.

Would it be a bad idea to purchase a new battery and run both in a dual battery setup with an isolator? or would mixing and old and new battery only cause problems?

Anyone run an autozone gold battery?

Attachments

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah after spending some time on google im staying away from dual battery setups.

thanks ill keep the diehard in mind :) have to see if i can find one locally. :thumb:

·
Knows a couple things...
49,416 Posts
If your current battery is ok, there's not a thing wrong with keeping it & getting all you paid for out of it until it finally fails. A new winch does not automatically mean you need a new battery, that is for sure.

But when you do need a new battery, I second the recommendation for the Sears Diehard Platinum which is currently the best battery for the $$$ available right now. When it's time, you want the Diehard Platinum 34-78DT, sometimes also known as the P-4.

·
Registered
358 Posts
If your current battery is ok, there's not a thing wrong with keeping it & getting all you paid for out of it until it finally fails. A new winch does not automatically mean you need a new battery, that is for sure.

But when you do need a new battery, I second the recommendation for the Sears Diehard Platinum which is currently the best battery for the $$$ available right now. When it's time, you want the Diehard Platinum 34-78DT, sometimes also known as the P-4.
Agreed.

If you do go the duel battery route let me know I run that set up on my pickup and love it. I can winch till the battery is low and not have to worry about restarting my truck because i run a isolator Jeeps really don't have the hood space for a second battery. With my jeep I just leave it running while winching.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts