Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 TJ and I bought some used 03-06 speakers (the ones in the pic). I am looking to installing them in the rig. I discovered that the centre sports bar has a plastic cover on the rear side. The fabric cover is bigger so it can accomodate the sports bar + plastic cover, so taking it off is not an option. I could not find that plastic part in any part store, I have not idea how it's called. I could not find any relevant pics on google for that plastic part and I forgot to take a pic when I fiddled with it. Now the TJ is in the shop for rust treatment and I cannot make any fresh ones.

Do the later TJ have that plastic cover on the sports bar? Any pics of this model of speaker installed on an older TJ? Can these speakers be installed with that plastic part still mounted or the only option is to get the full size sound bar?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By1HPO9S8xGneEhJUHlKR2I0YlE/view?usp=sharing

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have step by step pics as it was raining, but I made some pics along the way. I ran all the wiring through the roll bar cover.

Different holes are needed for mounting on the side roll bars

Drilled holes in the plastic cover on the middle section

Finally the finished product

And with the hardtop on, I was worried they might rub against it but it's not an issue

1 - 6 of 6 Posts