Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got ahold of a set of 10A Rubicon bumpers for my Jeep and am stoked to put them on. I know that the fog lights in the new bumper are different from those in the stock bumper. Here are my questions:

1. Are the connectors the same for the fog lights on both bumpers?
2. Will I need to extend the power wires for the fog lights?

Thanks!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got ahold of a set of 10A Rubicon bumpers for my Jeep and am stoked to put them on. I know that the fog lights in the new bumper are different from those in the stock bumper. Here are my questions:

1. Are the connectors the same for the fog lights on both bumpers?
2. Will I need to extend the power wires for the fog lights?

Thanks!
Some notes beyond your specific question, since that has been answered.

Make sure you have these first

18 mm socket
u joint socket adapter or socket wrench with hinged head
2 replacement nylon nut screws for the cosmetic piece between bumper and grille
16 ga (?) wiring to extend wires
(optional) butt connectors for wiring instead of soldering
(optional) additional plastic tubing to guide/protect new wires
Shrink wrap tubing and something to shrink it
torque wrench
flashlight or trouble light for seeing what is really there and how to work on it.

Also, if you don't have it yet, get the matching skid plate. It's metal, bolts on, and provides more clearance.

Expect it to be a two person job when mounting new bumper.
Give yourself twice as much time as you'd estimate. Not terribly difficult, just for "surprises".

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both very much for the information! That's quite helpful. I have one question. If I will not need to extend the wires for the fog lights, what is the 16ga wiring for? Just in case? I'm a fan of just in case, but if I should be expecting something I want to be ready for it.

Kind of bummed that this is going to be a two person job. I frequently solo two-person jobs (and generally wind up wishing I had a second person), but this seems like one where I probably shouldn't mess around.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you both very much for the information! That's quite helpful. I have one question. If I will not need to extend the wires for the fog lights, what is the 16ga wiring for? Just in case? I'm a fan of just in case, but if I should be expecting something I want to be ready for it. Kind of bummed that this is going to be a two person job. I frequently solo two-person jobs (and generally wind up wishing I had a second person), but this seems like one where I probably shouldn't mess around.
I did mine by myself a couple of weeks ago.. No problems. The fog light wires just needed to be separated from the bundle and pulled back about 12" on the passenger side. The. Driver side had enough slack

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is the weight the only thing that makes it a two person job? That would be fantastic.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You might be able to do it with one person, but it would take more patience than I have. You'll have a cumbersome 80 lbs of bumper and four bolts to line up.

The wiring in my previous reply would be to extend the fog lamp wires.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I did mime by myself. Took about 20 min and is way easier than it might look. I also extended the line for the fog lights about 4" as they were pretty tight on our Jeep. 80lbs? It felt no more than 40lbs but I took the end "wings" of first which made for better controlling of the bumper as it was lifted into place.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just had the "10 Anniversary Front Bumper" installed by local body shop. However, when I came home I realized the original plastic "Skid Plate" was missing. When I called, I was told that the Skid plate doesn't fit with new bumper. Is that correct ? Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I just had the "10 Anniversary Front Bumper" installed by local body shop. However, when I came home I realized the original plastic "Skid Plate" was missing. When I called, I was told that the Skid plate doesn't fit with new bumper. Is that correct ? Any suggestions ?
Mopar sells a metal skid plate that fits the 10A, X, and Hard Rock front bumpers.

Jeep Wrangler Skid Plate Kit (Part No: 82214330)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts