Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
removing my 2.5 4 cyl and want to install a 4.0 6 cyl with fuel injection any one done this and what about computer and wiring any good past post to check out 1991 wrangler with fuel injection thank Doug

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm sure there are guides out there for this swap. I do know you will need the computer and wiring harness from the donor vehicle.

·
Registered
879 Posts
you will also need the trans from behind the 6 cyl and you have to move the motor mounts

·
Registered
105 Posts
I just did this to my 93. You will need to move motor mounts. After you get your motor put back in use your 2.5 harness with the 4.0 ECM you will need to wire in injector 5&6. This is ware the 4.0 harness comes to play. Pull the wire for the injector out of the harness just 5&6 I believe it's pin 36&56 you will put them into the 2.5 harness in same spot first you will need to drill out the hole so you can put wire in. I had to make a few wires longer ( oil sensor, coil, map sensor) I think that was it I will try and find the link that help me out and post for ya hope this help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts