Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so i found a really good thread on installing a proximity sensor on the Jeep if you have a oem “alarm system”. https://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/d...ctory-alarm-system-113444.html#/topics/113444
And i will be burrowing his diagram, for those of you who installed it i have some questions and doubts.

——When working on the jeep while its off and no alarm is set, if you have the proximity switch on then you will get the dome lights on and a message on the dash saying gate ajar, but will something happen if the dome light is manually pressed or if the gate door is opened while the sensor is on?would this cause damage?
——or another scenario would there be a problem if the dome light is turned on when the alarm system is activated(jeep is off)? Would this damage anything? I believe if the Jeep is on then it wouldn't damage anything since there won't be any power to the relay, but not sure when its off

——When the alarm is on and it gets set off does it eventually shut off after there is no movement? Or will it keep honking until the jeep unlock key is pressed?

Reason i ask because i heard someone in the thread someone mentioning that there was a voltage fluctuation in the trigger wire of the opening door(gate in jeep) when the dome light was on and off, granted this was in a corolla and not a jeep.

I will appreciate the input. Thanks guys

Attachments

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
I had the 508d in another vehicle.... and took it out.

There is an "inner bubble" and an "outer bubble" to it. The outer bubble sits just outside the vehicle and when someone gets too close a simple warning honk (or message if you wish)warns that the system is armed. If they penetrate the vehicle to the inner bubble, the actual alarm goes off.

Great in theory, but in practice the rain and snow would constantly set off the outer bubble. I finally got pissed and took it out when one night it snowed pretty heavy and the warning bubble was going off every 3 or 4 minutes.... all night long.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the 508d in another vehicle.... and took it out.

There is an "inner bubble" and an "outer bubble" to it. The outer bubble sits just outside the vehicle and when someone gets too close a simple warning honk (or message if you wish)warns that the system is armed. If they penetrate the vehicle to the inner bubble, the actual alarm goes off.

Great in theory, but in practice the rain and snow would constantly set off the outer bubble. I finally got pissed and took it out when one night it snowed pretty heavy and the warning bubble was going off every 3 or 4 minutes.... all night long.
Yea i know of the outer bubble, here in the forum people are connecting only the inner bubble since it will be configured with the Stock alarm. And its what i care about honestly. If someones decides to slice a window or open a door then it goes off

1 - 3 of 3 Posts