Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

161 - 165 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
Great write up! I am doing this right now, but have a question. I got my Sony stereo from Quadratec and it came with the "sleeve" already attached to the radio. I'm guessing for ease of shipping. To get the sleeve to set in the adapter, I'm thinking I need to remove the sleeve? That way I can get those metal tabs to bend down to grip the adapter. Does that make sense? if so, how do I remove the radio from the sleeve.
The sleeve should have tabs on the side that you can pry up a little to slide it off. Actually, I can see them in your picture.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Folks, the complete answer is, "Connect the remote wire from the radio harness to the power antenna wire of the vehicle harness". :crash:

Now, a peculiar side effect was that the four speakers came alive like never before. If you look at the hokey way this thing is wired, the speaker signal is split between the speakers and the amp - my theory is that if the amp isn't turned on, half the circuit is open, and the speakers are getting half the wattage.

No 10" subs, no external amp; just a change of one wire. Sounds phenomenal. What a difference a few words and one wire make.:doh:
Hmmm, apologies if this is a thread necro.

I just installed a Crutchfield purchased Alpine CDE-154BT (and Alpine KTP-445A) in my 2006 Rubicon. Bass really didn't sound all that great afterward. The Crutchfield supplied wiring diagram for the adapter simply had the blue wire marked as:
"Blue - Power Antenna/*Amplifier Turn-On"
At the bottom of the sheet:
"*Blue Wire - Amplifier Turn-On
Example: 2003-2006 Jeep Wrangler with Factory Subwoofer"

Clear as mud, eh?

So let me make sure I have this clear before I crack it all open again this week. I am to attach the blue/white wire (remote turn on) from the HU to the blue wire (Power Antenna/*Amplifier Turn-On) of the adapter, yes?

Oh hey, I also found a use for the "blank" box-like area to the right of the rear wiper switch and such: I mounted the USB port to it. Looks great and hella useful in that spot. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hmmm, apologies if this is a thread necro.

I just installed a Crutchfield purchased Alpine CDE-154BT (and Alpine KTP-445A) in my 2006 Rubicon. Bass really didn't sound all that great afterward. The Crutchfield supplied wiring diagram for the adapter simply had the blue wire marked as:
"Blue - Power Antenna/*Amplifier Turn-On"
At the bottom of the sheet:
"*Blue Wire - Amplifier Turn-On
Example: 2003-2006 Jeep Wrangler with Factory Subwoofer"

Clear as mud, eh?

So let me make sure I have this clear before I crack it all open again this week. I am to attach the blue/white wire (remote turn on) from the HU to the blue wire (Power Antenna/*Amplifier Turn-On) of the adapter, yes?

Oh hey, I also found a use for the "blank" box-like area to the right of the rear wiper switch and such: I mounted the USB port to it. Looks great and hella useful in that spot. :)

Hey I'm currently trying to figure this out as well. Did this connection work? (blue/white from head unit to blue on the wiring adaptor?

·
Registered
13,597 Posts
Amp on is typically on whenever and radio function is used
Antenna on is typically only powered when radio is on AM or FM not CD or Aux or Sat etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

161 - 165 of 165 Posts