Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

161 - 166 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
Great write up! I am doing this right now, but have a question. I got my Sony stereo from Quadratec and it came with the "sleeve" already attached to the radio. I'm guessing for ease of shipping. To get the sleeve to set in the adapter, I'm thinking I need to remove the sleeve? That way I can get those metal tabs to bend down to grip the adapter. Does that make sense? if so, how do I remove the radio from the sleeve.
The sleeve should have tabs on the side that you can pry up a little to slide it off. Actually, I can see them in your picture.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Folks, the complete answer is, "Connect the remote wire from the radio harness to the power antenna wire of the vehicle harness". :crash:

Now, a peculiar side effect was that the four speakers came alive like never before. If you look at the hokey way this thing is wired, the speaker signal is split between the speakers and the amp - my theory is that if the amp isn't turned on, half the circuit is open, and the speakers are getting half the wattage.

No 10" subs, no external amp; just a change of one wire. Sounds phenomenal. What a difference a few words and one wire make.:doh:
Hmmm, apologies if this is a thread necro.

I just installed a Crutchfield purchased Alpine CDE-154BT (and Alpine KTP-445A) in my 2006 Rubicon. Bass really didn't sound all that great afterward. The Crutchfield supplied wiring diagram for the adapter simply had the blue wire marked as:
"Blue - Power Antenna/*Amplifier Turn-On"
At the bottom of the sheet:
"*Blue Wire - Amplifier Turn-On
Example: 2003-2006 Jeep Wrangler with Factory Subwoofer"

Clear as mud, eh?

So let me make sure I have this clear before I crack it all open again this week. I am to attach the blue/white wire (remote turn on) from the HU to the blue wire (Power Antenna/*Amplifier Turn-On) of the adapter, yes?

Oh hey, I also found a use for the "blank" box-like area to the right of the rear wiper switch and such: I mounted the USB port to it. Looks great and hella useful in that spot. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hmmm, apologies if this is a thread necro.

I just installed a Crutchfield purchased Alpine CDE-154BT (and Alpine KTP-445A) in my 2006 Rubicon. Bass really didn't sound all that great afterward. The Crutchfield supplied wiring diagram for the adapter simply had the blue wire marked as:
"Blue - Power Antenna/*Amplifier Turn-On"
At the bottom of the sheet:
"*Blue Wire - Amplifier Turn-On
Example: 2003-2006 Jeep Wrangler with Factory Subwoofer"

Clear as mud, eh?

So let me make sure I have this clear before I crack it all open again this week. I am to attach the blue/white wire (remote turn on) from the HU to the blue wire (Power Antenna/*Amplifier Turn-On) of the adapter, yes?

Oh hey, I also found a use for the "blank" box-like area to the right of the rear wiper switch and such: I mounted the USB port to it. Looks great and hella useful in that spot. :)

Hey I'm currently trying to figure this out as well. Did this connection work? (blue/white from head unit to blue on the wiring adaptor?

·
Registered
15,706 Posts
Amp on is typically on whenever any radio function is used
Antenna on is typically only powered when radio is on AM or FM not CD or Aux or Sat etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Am I missing it?

Or where did you drill the hole for the positive lead to the subwoofer?

Then again, you were wiling to remove the entire dash - apparently? WTF!?!

Just an update on all of this -

You buy a deck with the USB drive, where you should probably place all of your music. You install it. Not very hard to do. No ripping off the dash.

Then... you go CRAZY - and you get a subwoofer - because there is NO BASS WHATSOEVER in your Jeep. No way to easily place your 5-1/4" with 6x9s for ANY bass whatsoever?

So you must then DRILL HOLES for a subwoofer?

Or did I miss that in these 9 pages? Sorry, I'm drunk...

Anyway, I bought a cheap sub with an amp for cheap. I'm trying to install the stupid thing.

BUT... no holes for the positive lead to the stupid amp. Seriously - I don't give a dagnab, except I wish to have actual BASS in my Jeep for CHEAP because I'm a CHEAP BASTAGE!?!

Seriously? I must DRILL HOLES!?! WHY IS THIS!?!

You can buy a device that plays movies, music, whatever - for less than $60. With a SCREEN! YOU CAN WATCH MOVIES ON A SCREEN WITH SPEAKERS IN YOUR HANDS FOR LESS THAN $60!!!!

Obviously, no - you won't install a Kindle Fire in your Jeep - but... WHY NOT!?! No room obviously - again, I'm making a joke.

But still...

This entire concept that you must spend $$$$$ to get decent sound out of your Jeep? Go through HECK, ripping off the dash to do it?

Nope. Not happening.

I spent less than $100 for a subwoofer/amp - it sounds great. I just need to hook it up.

But I can't - because NO WAY to get through the stupid firewall to hook the positive lead to the battery. Other than that, it sounds AWESOME. And CHEAP!!!!!!! And, otherwise, no hard work. Currently, I have it running thought a drain hole down through to the battery.

I am so very happy for all of you have spent thousands to get the perfect stereo in your TJ. Hope the women in bikinis are chasing after you non-stop.

I can only DREAM of your conquests with your awesome sound systems? Must you install a $$$$$ security system just to keep the women away?

But I just need to get through the dang firewall to connect the positive lead. Which I guess puts every stereo junkie out of a job. Because - none of the rest of us care? We just want bass in our TJs? Just a little? The top is off - it's too loud already to care?

If anyone knows how to run a positive lead to the battery - minus the screaming bikini babes ripping off their tops to get to you because of your awesome sound system -

Please share? I'll just bang the fugly women that are left over? I promise?

I just need to run ONE stupid wire through to my battery?

No, I won't be winning any awards for Best Bikini Babe to Throw Herself at Me over my AWESOME SOUND SYSTEM -

But... riding down the road, in my noisy TJ that makes noise as part of its habit - if I can just run this stupid positive lead to the battery, I am so very DONE and HAPPILY DONE with playing music in my TJ?

Yes, the beautiful women will reject me always due to my subpar sound system - but... hey... these are the prices you don't pay? I guess?

It's a Jeep. If you're not already getting... the sound system is not gonna help things? Again... you've already reached the apex there.

Unless your parents gave you one. But that's a whole 'nother issue - which ONLY a sound system can solve if you contact me IMMEDIATELY!!!! I PROMISE!!!!!

161 - 166 of 166 Posts