Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'd like to install a Backup Camera on my 2013 Jeep Wrangler.
I'm looking at this camera:
http://www.amazon.com/Wrangler-Backup-Camera-Factory-Display/dp/B00K245L12/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434574414&sr=8-1&keywords=oem+jeep+wrangler+backup+camera

I have 2 questions:

1. Would this camera fit my Jeep?
(According to the description it is OEM, but would like to confirm that it fits)

2. I'm not confortable with DIY instructions, so would you recommend taking it to a dealer, or to a shop, or best buy or what would you recommend to install it?

thanks!

·
Registered
216 Posts
(1) Yes. It will work as long as you have a factory 430n/730n NAV radio. I am not sure if this product will work with a lockpick if you should decide to go that route as I am not sure if the harness from the camera to the radio has a yellow rca jack at the end of it. I believe this is a plug n play solution. That plugs into the empty input connector slot on the rear of the NAV radio. If you decide to use a lockpick (and there is no yellow rca jack on the end of the harness) then you will need to cut the harness at the radio end after fishing it to the radio and find the camera +/- wires and add a yellow rca jack, plus locate the 12v power and ground wires for the camera to operate. It's easy to figure out. If no lockpick, again yes, just plug n play.

(2) Search wrangler lockpick or wrangler radio removal on YouTube or Google for the NAV radios removal instructions. You need to then fish the wires back the radio from the spare tire mount. Then remove the radio and plug the connector into the empty connector slot on the back of the radio. If your not comfortable doing all of this then take it to a qualified shop.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I installed a large garmin gps with included wireless backup camera. It worked great and I had voice activated navigation. I used the rugged ridge ball mount that bolts to the tray in dash to mount it. Worked great.

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
Hello,
I'd like to install a Backup Camera on my 2013 Jeep Wrangler.
I'm looking at this camera:
Amazon.com: Jeep Wrangler OEM Fit Backup Camera System for Factory Display Radios: Automotive
That looks like the Brandmotion kit, of which there are many, many, many threads and postings here, including their own thread over in the vendor area (which occasionally includes a nice discount code for WF members).

Its a pretty complete kit, and as such, you'll probably not find any other solution that is easier to install. But such comes at a hefty price.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Assuming you have a radio better than the stock 130 unit, If you are DIY inclined you can do it for far less money:

$25.95 camera:
Amazon.com: BOSS Audio CAM25 Rearview High Resolution Weatherproof Color Camera: Car Electronics

$55.95 plug and play harness (you can get them like for $25.00 in amazon):
MyGIG Multimedia Harness

Dealer reflash:
Some people report getting this free at the dealer, others report ~$100. I paid ~$55.00

You need a little bit of skill wrenching taking things apart....

here are some good DIY videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdar9ev_cTc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU_3Sk4nucg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.