Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing a 2.5" teraflex budget boost lift tomorrow. Anything I should be concerned with or loom out for?

·
Registered
500 Posts
brodydez said:
I'm installing a 2.5" teraflex budget boost lift tomorrow. Anything I should be concerned with or loom out for?
The voiding of your warranty for buying a 'budget' anything?

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Whom are you planning on getting to install it?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I plan on installing it myself. I have done regular lifts but not just a spacer lift. Seems pretty easy. I just wanted to see if anyone has done and what issues if any did they run into.

·
The Bad Guy
23,233 Posts
On the rear don't forget to remove the brake line retaining bracket before you lower the axle.

·
Registered
42 Posts
thinking of doing the same, or the 2.5 in Rough Country. Keep us posted if you do run into any issues. You would think all of the forums i've read would have helped, but I'm more confused than ever.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BigMoe said:
thinking of doing the same, or the 2.5 in Rough Country. Keep us posted if you do run into any issues. You would think all of the forums i've read would have helped, but I'm more confused than ever.
Will do. I plan on taking pictures of all it with before and afters and I will post them up.
When I'm done.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got my lift installed today and I love the way it stands. I also did a 1.5" wheel spacers and I think that made a word if difference.
The lift took me way longer then it should have, but getting the bump stops in the front back in way a serious pain in the rear.
I will get some pics up tomorrow.

·
The Bad Guy
23,233 Posts
What wheels and tires are you running?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
daggo66 said:
What wheels and tires are you running?
Just the stock rubi rims and tires. I really don't want anything too big and I like the mpgs I'm getting so I am planning to stick with them.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I installed mine a couple of weeks ago. The new drop trackbar bracket in my kit had the hole drilled in the wrong place. I used their template to mark the frame. Then I double-checked the mark's location against their measurements before drilling. The spot was perfect. Drilled the hole, and...the thing wasn't even close to lining up. Rather than keep fooling with the mount, I just decided to just go with an adjustable trackbar. Wish I'd just done that before drilling a damn hole in my frame and so much for the "budget" part, but whatever. Looks and rides great, now.

·
The Bad Guy
23,233 Posts
Just the stock rubi rims and tires. I really don't want anything too big and I like the mpgs I'm getting so I am planning to stick with them.
Could you post pics of what it looks like with the spacers?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts