Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, getting ready to purchase the DPG OME 4.25 lift kit. It comes with shocks, springs, disconnects, body lift, motor mount spacer, front and rear track bars, bump stops and adjustable rear swaybar end links.

My question is, is there anything else I need to replace while I'm under there installing this kit? My TJ has 170k miles on it, is there anything that would be good to go ahead and change out? I plan on doing some painting while I have it all apart but didn't know if I need to do anything else. I will be getting help from a jeep buddy but I am a complete novice. Any other suggestions or tips to keep in mind? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I already plan on upgrading to centric rotors and black magic pads. I also plan on getting my brake lines extended once I get the lift on.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Kit comes with everything that you should need. I installed mine with my 16 year old daughter. I also used Water Dogs write up on helpful hints to installing your springs. Start spraying PB Blaster on the bolts. I would also install the body lift first, it makes getting to the rear shock bolts easier.

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Kit comes with everything that you should need. I installed mine with my 16 year old daughter. I also used Water Dogs write up on helpful hints to installing your springs. Start spraying PB Blaster on the bolts. I would also install the body lift first, it makes getting to the rear shock bolts easier.
Glad it helped.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts