Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought some factory tow hooks off of ebay and last night I was looking at the instructions (for the front tow hooks) which tell you to take the bumper completely off to install them. Is there any way to put them on without taking the bumper off?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Nope. They are a PITA to install, but you will be VERY happy with them when you are done. Very clean "factory" Look.

Joe

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PITA, no kidding, I think that I invented a few new cuss words. Please tell me that the rear tow hook is not as bad.

·
Registered
339 Posts
PITA, no kidding, I think that I invented a few new cuss words. Please tell me that the rear tow hook is not as bad.
LOL. Matt, The rear Tow hook should be a 10 min thing. Really easy. I will try to call you tomorrow about the other things. BTW, How did you like all the little spacer shims and stuff that you have to get in there?????:rofl: Sorry for jokin, but I have been there and have felt your pain.

Joe

·
Registered
304 Posts
Front bumper has to be removed so tow hooks can be mounted to the frame. Bumper nuts are 18 mm. Be sure to disconnect the wire that's in a plastic flex conduit that's secured to back of the bumper before you try to remove the bumper. Also, do yourself a favor and put anti-seize on the 8 bumper studs before you put nuts back on.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Take the skinny plastic trim off between the the grill and bumper held on with 2 plastic screws,Unbolt from there on top with a flexible ratchet.For me that went easy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts