Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a hard top today.
It came with a soft top.
What wiring do i need to do?
Anyone have a link to a video on how to do this?
Is there a kit i need?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
The only wiring you should need are the wires for the rear windshield washer and defroster, and the rubber hose for squirting. I wonder, does your Jeep come with controls for those things?

There's no other wiring you need.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
I got my harness from Quadratec. There are 4 different harnesses. It's easy to pick out the one you need based on the Jeep and option you have. Install hardtop, install or pay to have harness installed, have dealer flash computer for hardtop (rear wiper and defroster) and your golden.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
The only wiring you should need are the wires for the rear windshield washer and defroster, and the rubber hose for squirting. I wonder, does your Jeep come with controls for those things?

There's no other wiring you need.
The harness kit includes a new stalk for the new functionality.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
The harness kit includes a new stalk for the new functionality.
Right. From memory, do they run the wiring in advance so it's just a case of plug and play? Is the harness for the washer and wiper sitting there waiting in the back corner?

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
If the OP got a dual top option the harness is already there, and the computer is already flashed. It's plug and play.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry for the first post wording. The jeep came with a soft top. Then i ordered a hard top from the internet. I tried to edit that post but there is no way to do that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts