Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just removed my stock track bar and am installing the new JKS adjustable tomorrow, ( yes I have a 3"lift and the reqd bump stops) My questions is the steering? with the old one off I turned the steering wheel back and forth to center the axle and now when the wheels are straight the steering wheel is way off, it was spot on before and drove straight.

When I install the new track bar and adjust it to the axle once measured do I have to readjust my steering wheel or did I do something wrong? Thanks, hope I'm okay..

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Just readjust the drag link collar to straighten the steering wheel when you're done with the install.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,416 Posts
Recentering the axle with a different length track bar will throw the steering wheel off. Recenter the steering wheel by rotating the short adjustment link located on the drag link once the new track bar is installed.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Did you steer back and forth with the track bar removed? At any rate, with the new track bar installed, drive the jeep and while going straight, get a reference point where the steering wheel is off, then pull it in your driveway with the steering at that same reference point. Loosen the two bolts on the drag link, turn it until the steering wheel is straight, tighten the bolts then drive it again to make sure the wheel is still straight. Done.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes it was removed, the stock track bar was relocated by the guy who did my lift but I see the bushings shot and it has play so I'm swapping it out.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just had to red enter my steering wheel today. Took all of 10 minutes with a ratcheting 15mm wrench. Easy. Just remember to unlock your steering wheel before adjuster the drag link coupler

1 - 6 of 6 Posts