Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I'm about to start the process of installing my kc light on the wind shield wondering exactly i need to do and the easiest way to do it thanks again for the help.:blunt::blunt:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Ok so I'm about to start the process of installing my kc light on the wind shield wondering exactly i need to do and the easiest way to do it thanks again for the help.:blunt::blunt:
KC's come with some great instructions- quite simple. I did the windshield mount thing and ran the wire down into the cowl. Exposed wire I wrapped in 1/2 inch wire loom ($.15/foot at napa) Looks super clean and easy. Took me about an hour, taking my sweet a$$ time.

What lights/brackets are you using? I used the Olympic light brackets, which pushed the lights out a bit further from the driver's view but hit the antenna. Had to go with an AntennaX stubby to avoid contact. FWIW, the stubby does not get super great reception in my experience. Caused me to renew my sirius subscription and find Pandora in the process :thumb:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
KC's come with some great instructions- quite simple. I did the windshield mount thing and ran the wire down into the cowl. Exposed wire I wrapped in 1/2 inch wire loom ($.15/foot at napa) Looks super clean and easy. Took me about an hour, taking my sweet a$$ time.

What lights/brackets are you using? I used the Olympic light brackets, which pushed the lights out a bit further from the driver's view but hit the antenna. Had to go with an AntennaX stubby to avoid contact. FWIW, the stubby does not get super great reception in my experience. Caused me to renew my sirius subscription and find Pandora in the process :thumb:
Can I ask where exactly you were running the wire through the cowl?, I'm using kc hi lights and I do not know the specifics on the brackets but thank you Ill
keep watch

·
Registered
733 Posts
gr8ful helped me quite a bit, he's the man. I'll snap a shot of the wire coming in later if it would help.

·
Registered
849 Posts
gr8ful helped me quite a bit, he's the man. I'll snap a shot of the wire coming in later if it would help.
Right on glue. I almost forgot I took those pics to send em to you. I just got done wiring a pa speaker to my cb, been having a lot of fun with it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts