Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been buying pieces for the last few months building a lift, everything is Rough Country (I know not the best) but for my budget and my plans I think it will be fine if there's any issues or sag I'll change the springs later.

On to my questions:

I thought I had everything but come to find out I don't have any longer sway bar end links just the factory front and rear ones. I know I can move the rears up front but I don't have any new ones for the rear...

I read a thread about making my own sway bar discos by cutting the fronts and then using pipe to extend them to the needed length so I can always do that but if I do that will I be okay using the factory rear links with a 2.5" lift?

RC says I don't need new end links if just putting on the 2.5" springs and shocks and that why they don't include them in their basic kit

If I just leave the end links the way they are like RC says will I be okay for some daily driving until I can order and install some new longer end links?

Thanks in advanced, Drew

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
If you are having a shop replace it, they prolly have them in stock. If you are installing them yourself, I would NOT make my own, I'd rather have the piece of mind that it was done and has a warranty should I need it. Sorry, not sure if you will need them or not, I'm sure someone will reply with better info.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea i was leary on making my own something just didnt sit right with that setup, theissue is I was gonna start bright and early like 7 am and there are no shops openthat early or even close by that I could run to and who knows if they would have them instock...

·
Super Moderator
53,785 Posts
Creepin__Jeeper said:
Yea i was leary on making my own something just didnt sit right with that setup, theissue is I was gonna start bright and early like 7 am and there are no shops openthat early or even close by that I could run to and who knows if they would have them instock...
You will be fine. You want the sway bar to be parallel to the ground or like 3 degrees +/-
Install and see where you are at. Just stay on road.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Our friends at JKS figure the following:

Front - 0 deg (parallel to ground) sweet spot, +/-5 deg

Rear - -3 deg sweet spot, +/- 3 deg

Take that for what it's worth bearing in mind JKS makes adjustable sway bar links. I just threw a lift on...2.5-3 inches worth and my factory rears sit almost exactly at 0 deg up front.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I put the rears in the front and they seem parallel then will I be ok if I just drive around (to and from work) for a few days with no rear links? If I'm careful and this will be ok I will order longer rear links and they should come in 2 days

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
As long as you don't attempt any wild ass maneuvers (lol) you should be ok.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts