Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people I am installing an ARB compressor in anticipation of regearing and lockers this fall, in the mean time I will use it to reinflate after off roading. I want to make this look as clean and professional as possible and thought I would use the 'stuff' that is used to hold the wiring in the jeep as it comes from the factory. What I am wondering is what is this 'split, plastic tubing' called and where do I get it?

Thanks,

Ken V.

·
Registered
166 Posts
It's called Flex Tubing and Walmart carries it.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Split loom tubing

·
Registered
305 Posts
I like to use a braided fabric wire loom with fabric heat shrink tube or just shrink tube on the ends. Most like Painless or another brands take high heat, last just about forever and look like factory.
I have had really bad luck with convoluted plastic tubing from auto stores an box stores. Can't take heat and falls apart after a few years.
Here is a pix of some small looms I made for an alarm in wife's jeep

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like to use a braided fabric wire loom with fabric heat shrink tube or just shrink tube on the ends. Most like Painless or another brands take high heat, last just about forever and look like factory.
I have had really bad luck with convoluted plastic tubing from auto stores an box stores. Can't take heat and falls apart after a few years.
Here is a pix of some small looms I made for an alarm in wife's jeep
Very Nice, I will check that stuff out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts