Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to go back to the stock air intake system and remove the crap that someone put on mine prior to me owning it. Anyway I found an 05 setup but wondering if it will work. Does anyone know what's different from the 2005 to the 2003 version?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay great. Yeah I found some pics of a 2005 and 2003 engine and the only difference is how the little hose routes to the pcv valve. Otherwise looks the same and that won't effect anything. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Make sure you get the hardware to mount the bottom of air box to the inner fender too. 3 nuts 3 bolts and 3 rubber type grommets.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Make sure you get the hardware to mount the bottom of air box to the inner fender too. 3 nuts 3 bolts and 3 rubber type grommets.

Perfect, that was my next question. Thank you, I'll make sure that's included.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just installed it. It worked fine. The only difference was this one had a hole for maybe a temp sensor. I just plugged it and now everything works like new.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Knows a couple things...
49,383 Posts
Thanks, I'm not a fan of those aftermarket things at all. I'd rather have a better filter than more air flow. Especially for something that goes off road.
Right though keep in mind that the OE air intake is flowing just as much air as the K&N would. That is because it has the ability to flow more air than the engine can consume/ask for even at WOT and redline engine RPMs. :)

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Right though keep in mind that the OE air intake is flowing just as much air as the K&N would. That is because it has the ability to flow more air than the engine can consume/ask for even at WOT and redline engine RPMs. :)

Good point. I guess my biggest concern is the oils and whatnot that tend to cause problems if they aren't handled properly. The one that came on mind was pretty dirty and oily. Granted, mine doesn't have a maf/map sensor but that can still end up in the throttlebody.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts