Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How difficult is it? Do you have to remove the T-case?

·
Registered
727 Posts
As far as I know it is not that easy, but if you have time on your side, the right tools and a good space (inside), you should be able to wing it. Lots of videos out there on it. You will have to remove transfer see and take it apart, remove chain, remove shaft, replace with new shaft,...... There s alot more to it but like i said right tools, space an time and you should be able to figure it out. Just make sure you read watch and then read and watch some more!

·
Registered
304 Posts
I did mine with it still under the jeep. Took a few hours. Get a good pair of lock ring pliers. They are hard to remove. Other than that it can be done with basic hand tools and an impact helps also.

·
Registered
188 Posts
thomas302 said:
i did mine with it still under the jeep. Took a few hours. Get a good pair of lock ring pliers. They are hard to remove. Other than that it can be done with basic hand tools and an impact helps also.
x2...

·
Registered
707 Posts
X3. Having a friend to hand things to helps along with a bottle of locktite and of engine build lube. I did mine under the jeep as well. Had never opened up a transfer case before and it took me around 3 hours.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds good guys, guess i'll be investing in this plus the driveshaft!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts