Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Work safely. Use jack stands and wear safety glasses. :thumb:

·
Registered
996 Posts
Have some dish soap for getting the rear puck to snap in.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Beer. For after.

Don't drink and wrench. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dont forget to disconnect brake line attachment front and rear. Also ebrake lines on rear. You'll need every inch of drop in order to get the springs out.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
If you haven't watched the YouTube video of the install, check it out. It pretty much shows you the whole process.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Don't forget to grease the sway bar links aftyou install the zerk fittings. I've been working on various types of machinery for a while now, and somehow forgot to do this. The front end was making all kinds of noise after the install. I went over everything again and realized I hadn't greased the loints. That cured the noises!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I installed this kit yesterday along with 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers on my 08 jkus. I had to use coil spring compressors both front and back to reinstall the coils. In the rear I also had to loosen the emergency brake from the tub so I could drop the axle far enough to get the coils out. The kit was easy to install.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
rolltide66 said:
I installed this kit yesterday along with 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers on my 08 jkus. I had to use coil spring compressors both front and back to reinstall the coils. In the rear I also had to loosen the emergency brake from the tub so I could drop the axle far enough to get the coils out. The kit was easy to install.
Thanks for the input

·
Registered
102 Posts
I also had to disconnect the parking brake cables, but it is easy!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BillF said:
Don't forget to grease the sway bar links aftyou install the zerk fittings. I've been working on various types of machinery for a while now, and somehow forgot to do this. The front end was making all kinds of noise after the install. I went over everything again and realized I hadn't greased the loints. That cured the noises!
I'm having trouble getting the sway bar to match up with the hole on the axle

Attachments

·
Registered
642 Posts
The whole sway bar should turn up. And then they should line up. Will take some elbow grease though!

Bryce

·
Registered
184 Posts
Jerkbait said:
I'm having trouble getting the sway bar to match up with the hole on the axle
I had a little trouble with mine as well. I just adjusted the height of the jeep with the jack in small increments. If that's the alignment with the weight of the vehicle on it, try jacking it back up a little. Trial and error did it for me.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Shouldn't need an alignment because you aren't changing the alignment. As far as the rear goes, I wish I had used a spring compressor. Would have made it a bit easier to reinstall the spring. Also, lube the puck with soapy water or something to help it seat properly. Then us the weight of the jeep to finish getting it into place.

·
Registered
184 Posts
BillF said:
Shouldn't need an alignment because you aren't changing the alignment. As far as the rear goes, I wish I had used a spring compressor. Would have made it a bit easier to reinstall the spring. Also, lube the puck with soapy water or something to help it seat properly. Then us the weight of the jeep to finish getting it into place.
Not changing the geometry, I mean.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts