Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installing Teraflex Performance Leveling Kit and Northridge Grade 8 Bolts today. I have the just of what I'm doing, but any pointers, recommendations, or precautions, before I start would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Make sure that the vehicle is back sitting on all 4 tires (no jacks, stands, etc.) before torquing the control arm and track bar bolts.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Also make sure you use a torque wrench. 125ft-lbs for all lowers and trackbars. Don't use an impact wrench- you can overtorque and it'll ride like a brick.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I don't know why you'd need a spring compressor to get the springs back in- disconnect sway bars, shocks, and brake line brackets and the axle drops more than enough to pop the springs in and out.

The soapy water on the rear spacers is a good tip, though. I always put the factory isolators on the bottom side of the aftermarket spacers. In the rear the spacers will literally pop into the upper spring buckets. Just hit the top side with soapy water and twist while you push. No big deal.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Frshmt said:
I don't know why you'd need a spring compressor to get the springs back in- disconnect sway bars, shocks, and brake line brackets and the axle drops more than enough to pop the springs in and out.

The soapy water on the rear spacers is a good tip, though. I always put the factory isolators on the bottom side of the aftermarket spacers. In the rear the spacers will literally pop into the upper spring buckets. Just hit the top side with soapy water and twist while you push. No big deal.
Trust me I dropped the axle wayyy down. Maybe a sprig compressor wasn't 100% necessary but it definitely helped a bunch

·
Registered
346 Posts
I always leave the tires on- helps to pull down on the axles. Additionally, it gives a surface to lean against to gain extra clearance… and I'm fat, so getting to put my body into it makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Frshmt said:
I always leave the tires on- helps to pull down on the axles. Additionally, it gives a surface to lean against to gain extra clearance… and I'm fat, so getting to put my body into it makes a huge difference.
Ha nice. I like the techniques

·
Registered
112 Posts
I gained 2.5 in front 1.5 in rear. The lift is a leveling kit. I measured center of wheel to line on the fenders. Can run 35's with no problem and no rub unless seriously flexed

·
Registered
114 Posts
Also what size are the rims and tires? I'm thinking about 285-75-16s on MB72s.... just debating on what tire.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I put on skyjacker shocks 7000 series. Rides great. I ordered rear brake line relocation brackets to give 2" more play with lines.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts